California Insurance Services from Adriana’s
A wise person once said that “Common Sense is like deodorant. The people who need it the most never use it.” This may sound like a silly joke, but the sad truth is that it’s impossible to measure how much trouble people regularly get into, simply because they don’t have the logical skills to practice basic common sense. In fact, some argue that the main reason why society passes laws is to make it easier for people in general to make commons sense decisions… there’s only one problem though. What happens when lawmakers themselves have a brain fart and lose their common sense when passing laws? The answer’s simple. You get a bunch of rules that are impossible to break, and hilarious to read every time. Check out a few of California’s most bizarre traffic laws:
1. It’s a misdemeanor to fire a gun at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
2. If you live in Downey, CA, don’t wash your car if it’s parked on a street unless you’re ready to pay a huge fine.
3. It’s against the law in Walnut, CA to place rocks or sand on a driveway.
4. Vehicles are the only thing you’re allowed to store in garages if you live at Long Beach.
5. It’s illegal in San Francisco to wipe a car with used underwear. Because… why not?
6. No vehicle without a driver behind the wheel can exceed speeds of 60 mph (although this one might not be all that weird considering the progress being made with autonomous vehicles).
7. It’s illegal in Los Angeles for a person to wash their neighbor’s car without permission.
8. If you’re a woman, don’t even think about operating a vehicle in your PJs. California law forbids women from wearing house coats while driving.
9. Arcadia, CA allows peacocks to have the right of way on all streets and driveways, at all times.
10. You need a special permit to park your car overnight on the street in Alhambra, CA.
Rules don’t always make sense. However, there is one common sense rule that every driver should definitely see some value in. That is, no driver should ever own or operate a vehicle without ensuring they have auto insurance to protect themselves. For more information, visit any of our offices or give us a call at 1-800-639-7654 to find out how Adriana’s Insurance Services can help you practice safe driving. We got you covered!